Chiropractic Relief from Back Pain
Living with back pain can make basic everyday tasks far more difficult to do. People often think the solution to this is surgery, medication, or just ignoring it. However, chiropractic care is a noninvasive treatment proven to relieve back pain and helping people live without discomfort. Here at Cumming Chiropractic Center in Cumming, GA, our team is committed to helping you eliminate your back pain, so you can live comfortably.
Causes of Back Pain
There are a number of reasons that you may be experiencing back pain. Here are some of the common causalities of back pain:
- Auto accident - Car accidents can severely injure your spine, including herniated and bulging discs. Sudden impacts can push the discs out of alignment and can even cause a rupture to the disc. This leads to the gel inside the disc to leak out and cause nerve pain. Your back is the center where nerves, muscles, and ligaments come together and can easily be injured in a car accident leading to severe pain and limited motion. Sudden jerking movements and impact can cause fractures in the spine and the facet joints. We offer whiplash traumatology.
- Activity level - High impact sports can cause traumatic personal injury to muscles and other soft tissues around the spine. Equally, a lack of activity can affect the health of the back as well. Lack of exercise causes weak muscles. A strong back is important in order to support your body in your daily life. Lack of activity may also cause you to carry excess weight, making back injury a higher risk.
- Sciatica - Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve is pinched or irritated. This causes shooting pains from the buttocks down the leg. A spinal misalignment can lead to sciatica. This happens when the structures in the hip and lower back compress the sciatic nerve, which leads to irritation and inflammation. Chiropractic adjustments work to properly align the spine by removing compression from the sciatic nerve. In some cases, sciatica is caused by a herniated or slipped disk or narrowing of the spine. Typically, sciatica symptoms will only impact one side of the body.
- Poor posture - With more people working from home, neck and back pain is on the rise because most people don’t pay attention to their posture in the comfort of their own space. The act of looking down at a smartphone also puts pressure on the soft tissues and neck vertebrae. Our team will work with you to correct your posture and alleviate whatever back pain you are experiencing.
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
At Cumming Chiropractic Center, we offer several different types of treatment for back pain. We specialize in non-surgical and holistic methods of treatment for pain and disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Three approaches that we utilize have been proven to be effective when treating different kinds of back pain. These are:
- Manual release therapy - This therapy stretches the muscles while applying pressure to certain parts of the back to relax it and relieve pain.
- Trigger point therapy - With trigger point therapy, we apply pressure to the specific area of the back that is experiencing the most amount of tension.
- Exercise therapy - With exercise therapy, our chiropractor will create an exercise program to help you alleviate your back pain. These exercises are simple enough to do at home and provide a convenient way to reduce or eliminate back pain.
Our Team Can Help
Treatment for pain associated with spinal injuries or disorders doesn’t need to be invasive. Our treatment is non-invasive and frequently painless. We employ manual or mechanized manipulation of the body to release pressure that causes pain in certain areas. With the manipulation of the muscles and other soft tissue, the pressure is alleviated. Discs become repositioned, oxygen and other fluids flow freely. Gradually, discs are freed from nerve endings, alleviating nerve pain. Through consistent treatment and attention, mobility begins again and pain ceases. At Cumming Chiropractic Center, we are here to serve you with quality chiropractic care. To learn more about our services, or to set up an appointment, feel free to call out office today.