Auto accident injuries, while extremely common, can often be difficult to detect. There may be an immediate onset of painful symptoms, or the effects of such an injury may go undetected for years. At Cumming Chiropractic Center in Cumming, GA, we understand auto accident injuries don’t always present severe symptoms. However, that doesn’t mean they don’t necessitate immediate treatment.
Below, we’ve outlined a few of our most frequently asked questions about auto accident injuries and chiropractic care to help you make a well-informed treatment decision that meets your unique needs.
What Are Some Common Symptoms of an Auto Accident Injury?
Though signs of an auto accident injury may not always be noticeable, in many cases, the following symptoms present:
- Reduced range of motion
- Limited mobility
- Stiffness and muscle tension
- Pain and tenderness
- Inflammation, redness, or bruising
- Trouble sleeping
- Blurred or otherwise altered vision
Should You Visit a Chiropractor Even If You Don’t Have Any Symptoms?
If you’ve been involved in an auto accident, seeing a chiropractor immediately afterward can help you avoid ongoing pain and complications associated with underlying injuries. In many cases, signs of an injury take days or weeks to develop fully. Even if you currently have no symptoms, it’s a good idea to schedule a chiropractic evaluation.
What Types of Auto Accident Injuries Are Most Common?
Injuries from auto accidents can affect a wide range of areas. However, some of the most common auto accident injuries we see include:
- Whiplash. When impact forces the muscles and ligaments in the neck to suddenly shift backward and then forward, those tissues experience tiny tears as a result. This condition is known as whiplash and it can cause severe pain and ongoing degeneration without proper treatment.
- Herniated discs. When the interior of a spinal disc protrudes through its tough outer casing, this condition is referred to as disc herniation. A herniated disc can result from a forceful impact to the spine during an auto accident.
- Seatbelt injuries. Upon impact, vehicle occupants can be forcefully thrown against their seatbelts, which often results in bruising, pain, and inflammation.
- Concussions. When forceful impact causes the head to collide with a solid object, a concussion can result. Symptoms include headache, nausea, and vomiting.
How Does a Chiropractor Help with Auto Accident Injuries?
Chiropractors address personal injury sustained from auto accidents with a variety of treatment techniques. Chiropractic adjustments function to bring the spine back into proper alignment, which alleviates pain, improves nerve signaling, helps restore normal functioning, and encourages an optimal healing environment.
For children who sustain auto accident injuries, chiropractic care is a non-invasive, gentle, and natural alternative to conventional pediatrics. By gently adjusting the spine, a chiropractor encourages a child’s body to heal naturally, while reducing discomfort and improving overall functioning.
Schedule Auto Accident Injury Treatment with a Chiropractor in Cumming
If you’ve been in an auto accident, don’t wait to get the treatment you need. At Cumming Chiropractic Center, we specialize in the treatment of auto accident injuries as well as a variety of other chiropractic services. To schedule an evaluation or learn more about your treatment options, give our office a call today at (770) 889-2208 or connect with us online, and we’ll be in touch promptly.